Friday, June 3, 2011

Houghton's Railcovers

Hello and welcome to my railroad match cover blog. This blogging stuff is new to me so this isn't going to be all that fancy.
I've been collecting railroad match covers and matchbooks for several years, I started collecting railroad match covers almost by accident. I came across a few covers and ended up saving them. I noticed that they had very nice vintage art work on them, something that you just don't see these days. Well, I started looking around on the web trying to find more images of them but came up pretty much empty handed as there was almost nothing on railroad match covers out there.
I slowly built up my collection by making a lot of purchases on eBay. This was and still is an expensive way of building a collection especially if you get into a bidding war, and I have! It's very easy to get carried away and end up spending a $100 on a cover. With still almost nothing on the web showing these match covers and their beautiful vintage artwork I decided to create a website just for railroad match covers and match books. My website can be viewed at Houghton's Railcovers , this website is still under constant construction as time permits. I probably have somewhere between 1500 and 2000 covers and I still have a lot that I haven't added to my site.

I plan on using this blog to show the current additions to my website and for anyone that would like to comment on the covers. If anyone has any railroad covers that I don't have and would like to part with them please contact me at railimages@comcast.net. If you have a unique cover that you don't want to part with and you have the means to do a good scan of it I can add it to my web site along with your credit.

I hope you enjoy this blog and that you visit my website at Houghton's Railcovers.

Thanks,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment